Options

2 questions in the Solution Development Exam

ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
Hi, I have 2 questions in the Solution Development exam.

1. Under what circumstances is it possible to run a report as modal fashion in the middle of a transaction?

a) If the RequestForm is shown modally before the report
b) If the report prepopulates all the needed information on the RequestForm before it is displayed
c) If the RequestForm is not shown
d) If the report has already been once and the request form was properly filled in

2. You need to open a form to get user input. After this form runs you will use the information to generate records in several setup tables. What is the correct way to run the form from code?

a) Simply use the FORM.RUN(FormID)function
b) Create a variable for the Form and then use the FormVariable.RUN method
c) Create a variable for the Form and then use the FormVariable.RUNMODAL method
d) Simply use the FORM.RUNMODAL(FormID)function

I think the answer of the first question is b, but I am not sure.

In the second question, the main difference is that, FormVariable.Run works as [Action:=]RUNMODAL and this function cannot take any parameters, but Form.Run or RunModal functions has record and field parameters. In this case the answer d seems the best answer but again I am not sure :D

Best Regards

Ufuk
Ufuk Asci
Pargesoft

Comments

• Options
    sazanaynalısazanaynalı Member Posts: 3
    Hi ufuk,
    Your answers seem to be correct =D>
  • Options
    I am not sure about the first question. You cannot reach the request form controls by the symbol menu. So if the report requires a request form, then I think it is impossible to fill in the related fields by coding.

Lots of people says the correct answer is c, I could not understand the reason: Why c?

Best Regards

Ufuk
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    The reason the answer is C is because, the request form of a report is a form, and forms have their own COMMITS, that is why you can't open a form in middle of a transaction. You get a RUNMODAL ERROR.
    The same apply to report.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Thanks ara3n.

Best Regards

Ufuk
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft