Options

HELP...Syncronisation with the SQL Server

patccpatcc Member Posts: 4
edited 2003-05-19 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi and Happy New Year,

I have installed commerce portal and my problem is as follows:

Why after synchronisation of the commerce portal, I don't get the table ncpcatalog_catalogproduct on the SQL server. But I get the other tables like commerce_<table name> and UserObjects.

I can't find any problem in the installation.

I have also tried to synchronise by using the codeunit 6205. but still we do not have the table ncpcatalog_catalogproduct. We have also re-unpack the pup package and perform another synchronisation thru the codeunit but in vain.

Also we have tried to open the commerce portal thru the browser and we get the following error message.

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Commerce.AuthManager.1 (0x80070057)
AuthManager(CommerceServer): You should call 'AuthManager::Initialize()' method with a valid site-name, before calling any other AuthManager API.
/CommercePortal/global.asa, line 77

Can anyone help me solve this problem??

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    lentlent Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Sounds like you have two separate problems:

1) Item data from Navision isn't going into the catalog table in Commerce Server.
    This is probably because you have classified your items in Navision but not created matching classes in BizDesk in Commerce Server. How to do this is explained in chapter 4 of the CP training manual. Nowhere is the siginificance of it explained.

2) AuthManager error.
    Check the "CRK Common Errors CP" file in the Channel Readiness Kit for e-Comm.

Have fun!
  • Options
    mandykmandyk Member Posts: 57
    Hi,
    The most reason why your product catalog table didn't created because NFitem catalog schema isn't configured properly during unpacking the PUP. Make sure you have NFitem catalog schema in bizdesk and try to force synch the item table.

Your second error is the most common error whenever I installed CP.
    1. try to restart your IIS. the most reason is because IIS application
    setting variables isn't populated completely during installation.
    The other way to force the IIS to reload commerce portal application
    variables is to re-save the global.asa and try to open the url again.
    2. switch the error level to development so you will get a bit detail
    error. This error control you can find it in global.asa

have fun

Andy K.
  • Options
    FredrikFredrik Member Posts: 4
    still havnt got it to work? try this.

Where is a bug in global.asa. When you install you site to a site other then "default website" you will get this error.

Resolution:

Change the following row in global.asa

strSitePath = Server.MapPath(WEBSITE_ROOT_DIRECTORY)& "\" & MSCSCommerceSiteName

to this

strSitePath = Server.MapPath(WEBSITE_ROOT_DIRECTORY)& "\CommercePortal"

the line above only works if you have unpuped your site in the default path "sitename/commerceportal".

Dont worry about the "ncpcatalog_catalogproduct" table where should not be one. :)