Nug?

kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
edited 2006-03-03 in General Chat
I found this http://www.navug.com site. Do you know something about this? I thought that MBS Online is the right Navision Users Group...

Have you some experiences with this NUG?
Kamil Sacek
MVP - Dynamics NAV
My BLOG
NAVERTICA a.s.

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Sounds a little bit amateuristic, don't you think?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Exactly... :-) It is why I am asking, if someone knows more...

Whole thing around it - the PDF in ByLaws, presidents, secretary, treasurer... :-)

of course, I understand, if you want to do something properly, you need all that... But I wonder that I never heared about them...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    May be you can go to Dallas and take a look :wink:

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    That's really inviting.... before you can join you have to give them hundreds of dollars, sign a confidentiality contract and abide by all the bylaws. I am sure they will have lots of success. I feel really bad that I won't be able to join them.
    Hey, but I think it's really worth it ... have you seen the profesionalism of there site and approach ... .

:-$

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems same as if I say "Hey, I am president of Navision Developers Group, send me your bucks and first two will have position of vice-president and secretary. We will meet each other sometime and if you will find more members, you will have some part from their fees... :-)"
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    kine wrote:
    It seems same as if I say "Hey, I am president of Navision Developers Group, send me your bucks and first two will have position of vice-president and secretary. We will meet each other sometime and if you will find more members, you will have some part from their fees... :-)"

Where do I sign up :mrgreen:
    \:D/

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    This is starting to sound like a pyramid scheme. Do I get commission when I get other people to join?
    Sure, you'll get 2x half the amount.
    WOW that's a bargain! But wait, there's more!! If you call within 5 minutes, you get this set of steak knives FREE OF CHARGE!!! And if you don't like them, you can keep them!!
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    It is an attempt to form an officially sanctioned Navision user group.
    Not too sure why we need this since we have Convergence once a year - and according to a recent email, only 59 Navision customers have signed up so far. (There is a $400 discount available if you want to come.)
    The weather in Dallas is generally pretty nice this time of year. I enjoyed Convergence last year, and this year Navision will have as many sessions as Great Plains, and Bill Gates will highlight Navision 5 in his keynote.
    Officially sanctioned by whom? With what objective? It sounds like a money scam to me. What on earth do they need $300 for just to allow me to join their group? Are there people actually taking this seriously?

Seriously though, is there anyone here that is joining this group? I'd like to know what is worth the money. So far I have not seen anything that they can offer that you can't get for free right here on mibuso or on mbsonline.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    They are meeting on Friday before Convergence - the same time as the partner meeting. If I have a chance I will visit them too and see what it looks like and report back.

As far as Convergence goes, it is also a great place to make technical contacts since Navision brings their technical folks.

I hope we continue Directions every year too. The technical content was good too and Navision brought in some of their key people.
    There is an offical user group in the Netherlands. Works perfect. Some of our customers are member and we are prefered partner.

They give information and training to their members.

www.gvnavision.nl
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    There is an offical user group in the Netherlands. Works perfect. Some of our customers are member and we are prefered partner.

They give information and training to their members.

www.gvnavision.nl
    I got curious and checked the site and the forum, but there are VERY little posts in it. Or maybe it is because I am a visitor?
    For other persons that get curious: everything is in Dutch, so it could be a little difficult to understand something.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

The forum is just added; I don't think it is properly working yet, it should have some forums available for everyone.