Options

Help required in setting up Employee Portal

najjanajja Member Posts: 67
edited 2006-01-13 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi,

I am trying to setup Employee Portal with no success. I will explain the procedures below and home some masters can help me in configuring the EP. I have gone through various posts in this forum and tried whtever is mentioned there, but no luck.

First of all, I installed Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition and installed / configured the following:

- IIS 6.0
- .Net Framework v1.1
- J# runtime
- MSMQ 3.0 with HTTP Support
- Configured HTTPS using a self signed certificate

Now I installed and configure Windows Sharepoint Services and configured the same, I am able to get my Team Site Home Page, which means Shapoint Service is installed properly

Now I got hold of this MBS Navision 4.0 SP1 CD and installed NAvision Client with Employee Portal Component.

Installed Navision Database Server, with proper licenses and pointed a database.

Tested the database server by providing the server details in the Navision client which opens the database without any problem. Till this point everything is fine

Then I installed Navision Application Server

After that Installed Employee Portal Front End

Two queues, nep_request_queu and nep_reply_queue, were created by the navision installer. Created two more private queues for key exchange handling, viz, nep_key_exchange_request and nep_key_exchange_reply. Assigned relevant security for both the queues.

Created back-end key pair using Navision --> employee portal --> Setup Card --> Security -> Create Back-end key pair

Configured Employee portal application setup card as follows:

Application Server Setup Card

General Tab
Code : NEP-1
Use Encryption : NO
Use Compression : NO

Front End Tab
Front End Processing : YES (ticked)
Request Queue : .\private$\nep_request_queue
Reply Queue : .\private$\nep_reply_queue

Key Exchange Tab
Handle Key Exchange : YES (ticked)
Key Exchange Reques : .\private$\nep_key_exchange_request
Key Exchange Reply Q : FormatName:DIRECT=HTTPS://nas/msmq/nep_key_exchange_reply

Started the Navision Appln Server with Startup parameter as "NEP-1" which is exactly asin the Application Server Setup Card.

Now I opened Navision Employee Portal Key Exchange Management Console and provided the following details:

Description : NEP
URL : [url=HTTP://nas]HTTP://nas[/url]
Path to Web.config : c:\inetpub\wwwroot
Reply Queue : .\private$\nep_key_exchange_reply
Request Queue : FormatName:DIRECT=HTTPS://nas/msmq/nep_key_exchange_request

Now I clicked on Action (menu) --> Update
then Action --> Start Service

The status became "Request for Public Back-end"

After few seconds when I clicked the "refresh" option from the Action menu, the status is not changing. The status is supposed to become "registration completed" and the sire address should come in "Trusted Sites card" in Navision Employee Portal module. This is not happening.

I have tried substitutint the FormatName:DIRECT=HTTPS://.... with ./private$/queuename whereever there is a mention about queues. But nothing happens.

I tried without "Handling Key Exchange" also by turning that option off in the Application Server setup card. But when I am configuring the web part in the portal page, Communication Error. BAck-end server didnt respond (time out) error occurs.

Please help me out.

Thanks in Advance

Najja

Comments

• Options
    Why was this post removed. I badly need a solutions.

Thanks

Naja
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Are there some messages in event viewer?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Hi Kine,

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked the event viewer only to realise that the Application Server was not really started though the services and the NAvision App Server Management console shows it as running. Now I am trying to start it from the command prompt and getting this error:

"The Server is not responding anymore (TCP/IP error ECONNRESET)"

the syntax i used to start was: (My Machine name is 'NAS')

> nas.exe appservername="NAS-Classic", servername="NAS", company="Cronus India Ltd.", startupparameter="NEP-1"

Now I realise that the EP is not working coz the app server is not running. Please help me in this.

Thanks in advance

Najja
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Ok, the informations, are correct? (database server name, company name)

Are you able to connect to the Navision from the server, where NAS is running? Under which user account is the NAS running? It must be some Windows account which is defined in Navision with super role...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    The database, Application Server, Sharepoint Services all are running in the same machine with the name "NAS" which is also a domain controller.

I have created a user "NEP_User" with administrative privileges

really appreciate your help
  • Options
    Since my server is also a domain controller I am not able to create a local user, I have created a domain user with domain admin as well as local system (the server) admin privileges.

Do I need to make any changes in the 'hosts' and 'services' file. I supposed I need to do that only if I am running multiple Application Servers in a single machine.

Najja
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

please try to run the Navision Application Server Management Snap-In and try to identify which connection is used (TCP, TCP/S,...).

It looks like that the NAS is using TCP/S and the database server is just offering TCP (or vice versa).

HTH,

Rainer