Options

Dimensions

bhuberbhuber Member Posts: 78
edited 2002-12-12 in Navision Attain
I have created a dataport designed to fill the Payroll Journal with earnings transactions from an external system. The dimension values for each line are supplied by the dataport and will differ from the employee’s default dimension values contained on the employee card. My problem is, that even though I am writing transactions to the Journal Dimension table after I insert the record in the Payroll journal in the dataport, the default dimensions from the employee card are overwriting my entries to the Journal Dimension table.

I would like to find a way to write records to the Payroll Journal, while also updating the dimension journal. I want to be able to use all of the Navision code that does field validation.

I am having a problem with the employee card dimensions overwriting the values that are being sent in from the dataport. I have found the specific function within codeunit 408 that is creating the entries in the Journal Dimension table. It seems like I need to write my values after Navision has completed it’s write or to stop Navision from writing the
default dimensions values from the employee card. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    DjangManDjangMan Member Posts: 15
    You might try in your OnAfterGetRecord to call INSERT explicitly. Then you can update your dimension values and call MODIFY - again all within OnAfterGetRecord.

Django