Options

Jan Doc/Due/Disc Date Hell

SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
edited 2006-01-06 in NAV Tips & Tricks
This seems to be a yearly occurance for me. I find myself constantly having to correct dates after posting.

Yes, the posting limitations are in place but the users are so used to typing in 4 digits for the date that the doc date is wrong and as a result the due date & discount dates are wrong too.

For example/ We usually get the bill for the merchandise received 3 to 4 weeks later so we are now getting invoices with 12/23/05 as the doc date.

The user enters 1223 and goes on with thier business not realizing they just put 12/23/06 in the date section. They screw up at least once a day. Is it just me with this problem?

Sooooo...
OnValidate-Document Date
If "Document Date" > "Posting Date"
Then Message(Text000);

Let's just say Text000 isn't "GOOD JOB!"

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Have them put $10 in your college fund jar every time someone does it. I've seen pictures of your college down the street a while ago ;) I wouldn't mind taking a class or two there.
  • Options
    My College - Which are you referring to?
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    You can make a similar check for the document date as for the posting date.
  • Options
    JulianHarperJulianHarper Member Posts: 63
    We setup every user in the User Setup table so we can specifically say what date range each user can post in. All of the users are set to the current month with the exception of accounts and a few others.

This means we stop people posting silly dates :)
    Julian Harper
    IT Manager
    Laytons Wine Merchants Ltd
  • Options
    We setup every user in the User Setup table so we can specifically say what date range each user can post in. All of the users are set to the current month with the exception of accounts and a few others.

This means we stop people posting silly dates :)

Does this also checks the document date? I thought it only checks the posting date...
  • Options
    pindevpindev Member Posts: 22
    or... User Setup and Allow Posting From ....Allow Posting To.... 8)
  • Options
    pindev wrote:
    or... User Setup and Allow Posting From ....Allow Posting To.... 8)

This does not check the document date, only postingdate!!!!!!

You need to make modification for this!
  • Options
    pindevpindev Member Posts: 22
    Mark, you are right - i never consider document date, since wrong posting date is the real sh.t :) however you are completely right....
  • Options
    Yup you're right, it only effects the posting date, but that said I always use the posting date for any reports/data analysis so I don't see it as being an issue.
    Julian Harper
    IT Manager
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    [Topic moved from General Chat to Navision Tips & Tricks forum]
  • Options
    Yes the posting date isn't an issue..as it's solved with the post below
    A simple solution would be to add following lines in the OnAfterGetCurrRecord-trigger of the Sales Order form:
    IF "Posting Date" <> TODAY THEN
      "Posting Date" := TODAY;

It's the incorrectly entered Doc Date of a PO invoice.

It's an issue for us when the doc date is wrong for a NET30 invoice the disc & due dates are wrong. They won't show up to be paid until Jan 07 instead of Jan 06..

I'm pretty sure most Vendors and not going to be happy with 1Y terms :wink:

So with the post date automatically updating to TODAY witht eh above code & the Doc Date never greater than the post date - I think I have the bases covered.
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    It's an issue for us when the doc date is wrong for a NET30 invoice the disc & due dates are wrong. They won't show up to be paid until Jan 07 instead of Jan 06..

I'm pretty sure most Vendors and not going to be happy with 1Y terms :wink:

Ah yes thats true, I'd forgot that the cust/ledger entry works by doc date.

We have a number of customers who think their payment term is 1Y :twisted:
    Julian Harper
    IT Manager
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Savatage wrote:
    I can't find the link Harry, but you posted a link to some bar down the street. I was trying to be funny :oops:
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    Savatage wrote:
    I can't find the link Harry, but you posted a link to some bar down the street. I was trying to be funny :oops:

Ah I see.

Actually http://www.farmingdale.edu/ is a min away from work :)