Options

NAS Service Problem

MrAbbeyMrAbbey Member Posts: 15
edited 2005-12-19 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi all,

I got a Problem with my Commerce Protal Installation. I got one Navision SQL Server, one SQL Server for the Commerce Database and two Webservers. The Webservers and the CD Server connect to my Domaine over an VPN Connection. On teh VPN Server are two diffrent NAS Services. One for each Web Server. After 30-45 Minutes, the first NAS stops working without anny Error Messages . When i try to restart the Service, the system trys to end it, and nothing happens. I got to restart the whole Server. Got anyone an Idea waht happens there? What can i do to get an stable Service?

kr

Comments

• Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

the only possible way to identify where the problem is coming from is to run on each machine a "normal" Navision client which then reacts as NAS (e.g. implement a form with a button which calls the function NASTrigger in codeunit 1 with the appropriate NAS parameter).

It sounds that the NAS is reaching a point where he gets a warning or something similar and therefore is waiting for an user input.

Important is that the client should be started with the same windows user account whom you use for the NAS service.

Another question: How many messages do you approximately have in this 30-40 minutes?

HTH,

Rainer
  • Options
    trancutrancu Member Posts: 85
    Hello,

we have a similar problem.
    when we asked MS-Support they told exactly the same like "IHateLinux" did.

The solution they told, would be:
    install all the hotfixes for your Nav version or put your Nav to the latest upgrade (Nav 4.1)
    (We now use Nav4.0 without any hotfixes.)

And they also talk that if you want to look whether NAS is waiting for an user input or not, you can see it by using a DOS-Debugger.

I will get this hotfixes for Nav4.0 and a discriptions for DOS-Debugger from MS-Support in the next time.

If anyone knows or already has these hotfixes or discriptions please contact me. Thank you!!!

Or I will give it to anyone, who wants to have these two things if I get it.

Just contact me!
    regards
  • Options
    pduckpduck Member Posts: 147
    I had a similar problem with our NAS. At the end it was the method setAttribute() of the MS XML DOM Automation v4 Library which sometimes didn't come back :)

To catch this error, I developed this component http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=532. Then I used a TopDown method by setting some Debug Outputs in my Codeunits. With each error I could restrict the area where the Error excepted and at least I found the line :P

Maybe this helps?