Options

Calcfields(Picture)

csimoneauxcsimoneaux Member Posts: 168
What is in a TEXT box if you have a

Calcfields(Picture),

OnAfterGet ?

On a report I see * in text Box. I know FlowFields are decimal.
So does this mean that a number is in the TextBox?

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    The * shows when you have a BLOB in a textbox instead of a picture box.

You cannot show a blob in a textbox.

If you put a non-bitmap in a blob e.g. a word document a small sign appears in the picturebox.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    edited 2005-11-03
    Flowfields are not always decimal. To display a picture, you must use a picturebox control.
  • Options
    I know that Blob stores bitmaps & memo's and Blob is not stored in the record but in the Blob area of the record.

But The question on the exam asked what is stored in a texbox where

Calcfields(Picture) in on the OnAfterGET.

Making this be know...would the answer be nothing?
  • Options
    Yes, these are exam questions.

The question is ON Developer EXAM is
    what is stored in a TEXTBOX if the CALCFILEDS(Picture) is listed OnAfterGET.

If you do not know then please do not answer. Other wise this will only confuse me.
    I know about all rules about controls and BLOB's. I am trying to figure out answer to this question.
  • Options
    DenSter,
    I hope you are viewing this question. You have been such a great help to me. I want to thank you.

I think I have found answer for this question too. DenSter, could I get your opinion?

Description of BLOB datatype. Binary Large Object to store bitmaps and memos. NOTICE that the BLOB is not stored in the Record, but in the BLOB area of the table.

Therefore I believe the answer to my question is nothing is stored.
    Opinions please.
  • Options
    I don't know what is stored in a textbox when you link it to the picture field. I just did it on a new form and it displayed a "*". I can't say for sure what is stored in it.

Clearly this would be a guess, and if I were to guess, I would probably go with 'nothing'. If it's a multiple choice question, do you have the other answers?
  • Options
    I do not remember all options to choose.
    1 a number
    2 Might be nothing
    3 & 4 I can not remember.

I posted this question in hope someone else remember this on on there test. NA40-222
  • Options
    BLOB is a Binary Large Object, and can be many things (pictures, Word document, XML stream, etc.) so I would say a number is definately out of the question.
  • Options
    kuloicatkuloicat Member Posts: 9
    I also had this question on my exam
    I remember some options
    a. it will show the picture on the report
    b. no error if the record does not contain
    c. Number of picture
    d. (forget)

anyone help? thx