Options

Error 'Optimize_For_Sequential_Key' when upgrading a BC140-C/AL to BC220-AL

greysgreys Member Posts: 27
Hi there!

I'm running through the upgrade steps for migrating a modified C/AL BC140-solution to BC220 (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/upgrade/devenv-code-conversion). Im stuck at step 6: "Create a new application database for development". In the administration shell of BC220 I run the command "New-NAVApplicationDatabase -DatabaseServer SQLSERVER01 -DatabaseName MyDBforupgrade".

I get the following error: "New-NAVApplicationDatabase : An unexpected error occurred after a database command was cancelled.

On investigating the event viewer I find the following:

DetailedErrorMessage:
SQL error message:
'OPTIMIZE_FOR_SEQUENTIAL_KEY' is not a recognized CREATE INDEX option.
Message: An unexpected error occurred after a database command was cancelled.
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.ThrowNavSqlException(SqlExceptionAdapter exceptionAdapter, Boolean transactionNoLongerValid, String commandText, Boolean isLastExceptionARollbackCause, Boolean logExceptions, NavCancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.MapException(SqlExceptionAdapter exceptionAdapter, String commandText, Boolean isRollbackAction, Nullable`1 timeout, NavCancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.<>c__DisplayClass133_0`1.<ExecuteFunction>b__0()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.ExecuteFunctionWithTrace[T](EventTask task, Func`1 function, String commandText, SqlCommand sqlCommand, Boolean isAdoCommand, NavCancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlCommand.ExecuteNonQueryImp(NavCancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.InPlacePublishingSchemaCreator.CreateTables()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.TechnicalUpgradeManager.CreateNewApplicationDatabase(String databaseServerName, String databaseName, String databaseUserName, ProtectedDatabasePassword databasePassword)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management.Cmdlets.CreateNavDatabase.InternalProcessRecord()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management.NavCommand.ProcessRecord()
Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Ncl"

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Could it be a SQL Server-issue?

Regards,
Greys

Answers

• Options
    mfhmfh Member Posts: 27
    Hi Greys,
    Yes, today I am upgrading BC18 to BC23, exactly the same error.
    Where you able to solve them?
    Would love to hear how :-)
    Regards,
    Michiel
    Regards,
    Michiel
  • Options
    TheJBirdTheJBird Member Posts: 16
    Sounds like a SQL server issue...

What version of SQL server are you using? Have you set the database version to match the SQL version?