Address formatting in sales invoice RDLC report

monikarbbmonikarbb Member Posts: 3
Hello,

I am fairly new to programming, so it can be my questions will sound silly:)

A customer requested to hide the country name from the customer address in the header if the country code = x.
It is a copy of a RDLC layout for the standard sales invoice report I am working with.

Any idea for a newbie like on how to do that ? :)

Answers

• vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    The address should get formatted using codeunit 365 Format Address before sent to RDLC. Try customizing it there, e.g. using event OnBeforeFormatAddress.

Chances are, though, that the address data incorrectly uses a country code for the home country (the country the company operates in). This should get fixed in the corresponding master data records.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    How addresses print across the various document reports is controlled by the address format setup between "General Ledger Setup" and "Countries/Regions". Typically no report layout changes are needed. Unless you need to move where it prints.

The report's dataset populates an 8 line array. Which the layout prints. The above setup determines how that array is populated. The standard setup includes several options including "custom".

There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • monikarbbmonikarbb Member Posts: 3
    thanks for input. I have changed the countries/regions setup for the home country and it works.
    Now I am facing the same when the customer address from sales invoice header is printed - there I onlu see the country name and the rest af the address is missing.. I woiuld like to get rid of the country name from there as well
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    This should work for all addresses.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.