Upgrading From Server 2003, NAV Activigence Issues

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me and might have gone down this path

We've finally got to the point that our long serving Navision NAS Server needs to be upgraded to a more modern operating system. Our ops team is targeting a minimum of Windows Server 2012, if not 2016

We are running IT IS Activigence for the approvals portal from this server. It's a Microsoft.Net app that is called via COM Automation from within the startup of the NAS. Unfortunately once the server OS is upgraded we continually get the following in the event log

This message is for C/AL programmers:

Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server identified by
GUID={988C3098-9F1A-4805-98BF-CA6E63E0F7CC} 3.0:{39CF82EB-C3B2-4638-9E39-DA939BF5E2FC}:'IT IS XAgence wrapper'.MessageQueueListenerWra

There is no Com Plus visible on either the working Win2003 production server or the upgraded instance. The message queues appear to be working. The accounts the NAS is running as have administrator rights (and we've even tried disabling UAC)

We've found one request for this on the forums but the original poster doesn't appear to have come back to the forums with any answer.

Can anyone offer any advice other than 'Upgrade' ? I should mention we are 5 to 6 months from a new ERP go live, but apparently upcoming Microsoft changes will break this server before then unless we do actually upgrade the OS.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

Answers

• ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Has the DLL been registered on the upgrade server via RegAsm.exe, i.e.:
    c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe /tlb:YourLibrary.tlb /codebase YourLibrary.dll /register

On the system where the DLL is developed, it gets registered as part of the building process, but on all other systems it needs to be registered.
  • AEFraserAEFraser Member Posts: 3
    Hmmm. My colleague has attempted a reinstall, and the tlb's are dated as of that day, but I don't know if he RegAsm'd the dlls. I'll get him to give it a shot. I do know that these are not GAC'd. I also knwo that the .Net stuff is a combo of the 1 and 2 frameworks.Thank you for the suggestion !
  • AEFraserAEFraser Member Posts: 3
    ShaiHulud wrote: »
    Has the DLL been registered on the upgrade server via RegAsm.exe, i.e.:
    c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe /tlb:YourLibrary.tlb /codebase YourLibrary.dll /register

On the system where the DLL is developed, it gets registered as part of the building process, but on all other systems it needs to be registered.

Sadly, registering this from within the NAS directories didn't work. No errors from the command, but still the same errors logged to the event viewer after a restart of the NAS