Download automatic currencies - Base currency is CHF

T222T222 Member Posts: 63
edited 2023-02-23 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
We use Business Central.
We setup and download automatically , on a daily basis, the rates from ECB bank for all companies that base currency is EURO.
Now we have created a new company which the base currency is CHF (Swiss Franc)
Is there any way I can download automatically the rates according to this currency ?

Thanks

Answers

• SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    @T222 Are you using http://www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/eurofxref/eurofxref-daily.xml as url or another endpoint?
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • T222T222 Member Posts: 63
    In ecb I have found only euro relation conversion.
    Yesterday night I have tried to download from Float rates and it seems was ok.
    Now I have to check again today to see if its downloading them on recurring basis.
    @T222
    Beaware that FloatRate and ECB is not always in agreement :smile:
    I have seen times when the two services retur different result, but generally: Floatrate :+1:
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • T222T222 Member Posts: 63
    Yes , thank you , You are right. I have checked now and are not exactly the same. In 21/02/23 rate for CHF in ECB was 1.03117 and on Float was 1.049193

In ECB I have found only the below which is for only euro
    http://www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/eurofxref/eurofxref-daily.xml

Maybe because is European Central Bank. In my case there are several companies in EURO and I;m downloading from ECB and now there is a new company which base currency is CHF, That's why I have used Float for this company.

Do you have any advice on this?
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'Navision Financials' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

@T222
    You can do a couple of things:
    1. You can place you trust in floatrate and disregarding that ECB and flotrates is not i agreement.
    2. You can read from ECB and recalculate the currency amounts with CHF as base amount.
    I
    f you develop some custom code to firste read the ECB data and find the rate from CHF and and when importing the other currency exchange rates and calculate the rates from there.
    Ex:
    Today ECB show CHF as 0.9870 and USD as 1.0644 then the Inverse rate from CHF to USD is 0.9870/1.0644 = 0,9272829