Options

Debugging NAS Code

Hoping someone can help me solve an issue.

I have a virtual machine set up with ADCS, NAS, and the 2009 R2 Classic client and have it pointed at a test copy of my SQL Database.

I'm trying to debug a new codeunit that I'm writing for ADCS. I'm running the client as admin, have opened up the codeunit in the designer, set a breakpoint, then Warehouse --> Setup --> RF --> Start Server as Client so that I can step through the debugger. Initial connection from my VT100 session is good. I can login and navigate the miniform menus.

When I try to step into the miniform that I've set the breakpoint for, I get the following error:

---------------------------
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
This message is for C/AL programmers:

The call to member SendEncryptedData failed. mscorlib returned the following message:
Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030102 (STG_E_REVERTED))

OK   

If I shut down the client and start the NAS from the services snap-in, then I do not get an error, but also cannot breakpoint.

I've also tried to start NAS from an elevated command prompt using the debug parameter and using the NaviBP.xml breakpoint file, but cannot get the debugger to open. i.e. - the below...
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Application Server\nassql.exe" Debug,Breakpoints=C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\NaviBP.xml, appservername=MyServer-SQL,servername=MySQLServer,database=MyDatabase,company=MyCompany,startupparameter=ADCS ADCSID=11322,objectcache=32000,nettype=tcp 

Does anyone have any advice on how to get this going?

Comments

• Options
    rcverbeekrcverbeek Member Posts: 32
    edited 2022-12-12
    I know this is like a million years old post, but for the record: I got this working by using a developer license (saved as Cronus.flf). I also used the breakpoint xml file, but the debugger opened immideately on the first line of code.