Options

I don't see automation dbOleWrapper.ocx in variable editor on Win10 x64 or Win Server 2019 x64

vasvovecvasvovec Member Posts: 8
Hi.

I need to use some automations methods in Classic Client. And some of them are params of type SAFEARRAY. So I downloaded here component "dbOleWrapper v 0.2". Then I copied dbolewrap.ocx to C:\Windows\SysWoW64\ and exec by admin:
%SystemRoot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dbolewrap.ocx
I recieved message that DLLRegisterServer operation was successful. But I didn't see that component in list in Navision by name "dbOleWrapper" or "dbolewrap". I even used RegDllView x64 and it also didn't see dbolewrap.ocx in list there. But RegDllView (32 bit) show this ocx in list.
I tried this on Win10 x64 and Win Server 2019 x64.
Why I cann't see this automation in Nav in list of automations servers? I even searched in the table "Automation Server" by file name and by GUID from RegDllView list. Can anybody help me?

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I accidentally realized my mistake :) I should have chosen the OCX variable type, not Automation. And then dbolewrap.ocx is available.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I accidentally realized my mistake :) I should have chosen the OCX variable type, not Automation. And then dbolewrap.ocx is available.