Can't connect to sql server via NAV 2009 classic

Hello, everyone. Here's the story. I've created two machines on HyperV, "Client" and "SQL-Server". On "SQL-Server" I've installed ubuntu server, and mssql on this server. Restored company DB, set sql authentication. I've got access to DB via SSMS, sqlcmd, Azure studio on all machines, but in NAV 2009 classic client, I could only log in via server machine which runs HyperV. In "Client" machine, NAV 2009 classic can't see mssql server. Could any1 give some hint, because I'm starting to give up =(

Answers

• KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    Are the ports open? Is the firewall disabled?
  • RegularDudeRegularDude Member Posts: 7
    Ports open, firewall disabled. Maybe some problem with licensing or smth? I re-installed yesterday all, and noticed some strange thing. For example, I have 3 machines and SQL server on the 4th. I connect to test db via NAV classic 2009 from machine 2, and after that I couldn't connect from other machines (Couldn't find server). Could connect only from first machine (doesn't matter which one). On the other hand, i've got working DB and i could connect to it from any computer.
    Does your user it's already created on that backup before or have you cleaned all the users?
    I've tried both methods, and no one's worked out. Still, nav client can't find server IP xx.xxx.xx.xx.
    do you use windows or database authentication for login?
    Mixed Mode Authentication
  • jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
    This might not be a NAV issue. Install SSMS (Sql server mgmt studio) on the VM running the NAV server, and try connect to the VM running SQL Server.

BTW, the OS of the SQL server is UBuntu? I never tried connecting to a SQL Server running Ubuntu on SQL Server.
    Like i said, MSSQL server was installed in ubuntu server 20.04. I can connect via SSMS, sqlcmd, Azure Data Studio from every machine that i have in my office. Only problem is NAV 2009 classic client, who can't find server.
  • Guybrush_ThreepwoodGuybrush_Threepwood Member Posts: 28
    Did you start the correct EXE? NAV 2009 provide fin.exe for connections to the native database server and finsql.exe for connections to sql server?
    Tried both of them, no changes.
  • lubostlubost Member Posts: 611
    Try to add db_owner permission to your login on SQL Server database.
    Nope, still nav client can't find server.