Changing cursor start position in a page

poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
edited 2015-06-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everyone,

I have a custom page with two text box filters and then a repeater.
When I open the page, the cursor is by default in the first line of the repeater.
I want it to be in the first text box filter.
How can I achieve that?

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• nav_developmentnav_development Member Posts: 21
    You can write a line CurrFrom."No.".ACTIVATE or use NextControl property of controls.
  • poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
    You can write a line CurrFrom."No.".ACTIVATE or use NextControl property of controls.
    I am working with a page, no more ACTIVATE or NextControl property :)
  • nav_developmentnav_development Member Posts: 21
    Ohh..Sorry to misunderstood your question.

I never tried in RTC but have gone through some help and find that changing focus in RTC is bit complex, need to work on add ins.
    I've found this add-in in the download section

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1381

Generally, it works quite good, but there is only one inconvenient:
    I want the field "Focus" not to appear on the page, but if I simply put it to VISIBLE=FALSE, the cursor change doesn't work anymore.
    How can I hide the field and still get the cursor change to work?
    Thanks in advance :mrgreen:
    Another problem I have:

My page contains also a subpage.
    I need that when the cursor is on the last line of the subpage, it moves then automatically to the repeater.

How can I do that :mrgreen:
  • D-QuattroD-Quattro Member Posts: 1
    I have followed exactly the steps to implement the dll Ahead NAV2015 but I get the following error message:

"An error occurred while making the control application for insertion "Ahead_EXFocus; PublicKeyToken = 41567e7a458383d3". Error message: The purpose of a call caused an exception"

The path that is given to place the dll is "c:\program files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\Add-ins".
    I tried also to put the dll into 'path' 80, 70, Program Files (x86), Service\Add-ins but did doesn't sense.

What goes wrong?
    It is me again, is there any chance that someone found a solution to be able to control the focus move from subpage to the main page?
  • VerndroidVerndroid Member Posts: 18
    You would have to implement C/AL (using .NET component) somewhere on the subpage that sends a keystroke to the client. Like SHIFT+F6
  • KunwarNareshKunwarNaresh Member Posts: 4
    thanks and appreciated for the answer. but Still I am facing same problem after applying your solution.
    What is the real time scenario:-IN Transfer Order Page I created a additional field for Barcode on Header part. Now I want to scan barocode to add lines in Transfer Line Subform (to add lines i created a function so that is not a problem). So, to keep scanning in barcode textbox i want my cursor should not move from barcode text box. When i enter on it, cursor moves in transfer line subform. which I do not want.

Please help.
    thanks and regards
    Kunwar Naresh

• MedsonMedson Member Posts: 1
    You should use SubPage instead of Repeater, then when you open page, cursor will be set on first editable field in header.