Are there any resources that document the Integer values for various type groups?

I've been working a lot in the SQL Server backend of a Navision 2009 R2 client. I can't seem to find information on what the different integer values mean for various different type groups that are human readable to a Navision Client end-user.

For example:
- Account Type (G_L Account)
- Invoice_Balance (G_L Account)
- Document Type (Ledger tables)
- Entry Type (Ledger tables)

And probably many others I have not come across yet. Is there any documentation I can use for reference that specifies what the database integers values correspond to? The one I'm having the most difficulty with is the Account Type in G_L Account.

I do appreciate any help!

Answers

• vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    edited 2022-07-19
    On SQL these are integer fields. In NAV they are of type Option, which is similar to an Enum in other programming languages.

An Option field has an OptionString property, which is a comma separated string of option values. The first one is integer value 0, the next value 1 ...

The OptionString values are used in programming. For display to the user, these are translated using the OptionCaption property.

Take note that spaces are significant in OptionString. Many of these Options have an "empty" value, which is a single space.

A value with an empty string cannot be validated into the field, but it can still be set by code. In this case NAV just shows the numeric value.
  • TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    https://github.com/StefanMaron/MSDyn365BC.Code.History
    Or even better, a public repo containing NAV2009 CAL (couldn't find it).

In here you will find the enums/option fields integers and captions.