how to start application server at service.msc

my company was using Navision 5.0 SP1, and now i have migrate to Windows server 2019 & SQL 2019. i can running finsql at client side properly . but i can't make the application server start normally at service.msc !
anyone have idea ?
END is well that all is well ~~~

Answers

• KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    You should check the application server build, maybe that one it isn't compatible with your sql build. They're around 15 years of diference between the base system of each one. There shouldn't be a default compatibility
  • impotenceimpotence Member Posts: 20
    i think that is the OS issue, because i have uninstall the framework 4.x , then i can use the application server application "New" function to do something. but the application server in services.msc still won't "Start". i need the application server working automatically every night to run the report ...
    or ... do you have any idea to run the report daily without start the application server ?
    I guess that you're already tried to put the job as recurrent, right? Do you raise an error on event log when you start running it?
  • impotenceimpotence Member Posts: 20
    hi KTA8,
    i can't find any error on event log about application server, but just prompt me the Error 1 : incorrect function when i want to start the application server at services. (btw , i have already modify the user and password on the logon tag)
    i have not start to go live with windows server 2019 & SQL 2019. i just try to fix the application server problem now !
    what .net version framework you've right now?
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Did you install prerequisites for NAV 5 client on the server machine. NAS is essentially a GUI-less client.