Options

Record being modified but can't find where even exporting all objects to txt

kuhikuhi Member Posts: 14
In Dynamics Nav 2018, I'm using the selected action in this page rows, when I click "Validar", all selected rows will change it's status to "Pendiente".

0lu63e0lxtmn.png

After some time, the row will change to status "Error":

iojvabqrkadt.png

I can see in debugger when it changes from "Registrando" to "Pendiente". But I can't see when it's changing to "Error" and when it's inserting data to column "Descripción Estado":
    Validar - OnAction()
      UserSetup.GET(USERID);
      UserSetup.TESTFIELD("Superusuario SII",TRUE);

CurrPage.SETSELECTIONFILTER(SII);
      WITH SII DO BEGIN
        IF FINDSET(TRUE,TRUE) THEN
        REPEAT          
          CASE Estado OF
            //++SII JUL-2018
            //Estado::"Registrada con error",Estado::Registrada:  //++SII V.07
            Estado::"Registrada con error",Estado::Registrada,Estado::"Error por inmuebles adicionales":
            //--SII JUL-2018
              BEGIN
                "Tipo comunicacion" := "Tipo comunicacion"::A1;
                Estado := Estado::Pendiente;
                "Descripción Estado" := '';
              END;
            //++SII V.06
            //Estado::Error:
            Estado::Error,Estado::"Error configuración":
            //--SII V.06
              BEGIN
                Estado := Estado::Pendiente;
              END;
            //++SII V.07
            Estado::Pendiente,Estado::"Pendiente Devengo":
            //--SII V.07
            ELSE
              ERROR(Text001,Estado);
          END;
          MODIFY;
      //++SII V.08
        UNTIL NEXT = 0;
      END;
      //--SII V.08

So I can see there when it's changing the status when clicking "Validar" button... but I can't find the process that is changing later the status to "Error"...

I'm checking the Job Queue Entries and I don't see anything that affects this columns.

Using the tool whereused I can't find anything.

I've also checked the table triggers and there's nothing, all empty.

I don't know how it's possible that I can't find anything exporting all objects to txt... I should be able to search `"Descripción Estado" :=` or `No existe el Registro`

What could write to this column that it's not displayed in txt objects and not triggering the debugger?

Answers

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    If you don't find anything in the Job Queue, then check what the NAS is doing. You may also check table Scheduled Task, if you find anything there that is not placed there from Job Queue.

In order to export objects to text use the development environmment (assuming from screenshots you run an on premise version). You can also use the development environment's command line interface or Powershell, which both allow you to skip non-licensed objects, which can be a pain from the GUI.

I use the command line like so:
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central\140\RoleTailored Client\finsql.exe" Command=ExportObjects,ExportTxtSkipUnlicensed=1,File="C:\TEMP\BC140.txt",LogFile="C:\TEMP\BC140_LOG.txt",ServerName=SQLSERVER,Database="BC140 Cronus",navservername=NAVSERVER,navservermanagementport=7045,navserverinstance=BC140

• Options
    kuhikuhi Member Posts: 14
    vaprog wrote: »
    If you don't find anything in the Job Queue, then check what the NAS is doing. You may also check table Scheduled Task, if you find anything there that is not placed there from Job Queue.

In order to export objects to text use the development environmment (assuming from screenshots you run an on premise version). You can also use the development environment's command line interface or Powershell, which both allow you to skip non-licensed objects, which can be a pain from the GUI.

I use the command line like so:
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central\140\RoleTailored Client\finsql.exe" Command=ExportObjects,ExportTxtSkipUnlicensed=1,File="C:\TEMP\BC140.txt",LogFile="C:\TEMP\BC140_LOG.txt",ServerName=SQLSERVER,Database="BC140 Cronus",navservername=NAVSERVER,navservermanagementport=7045,navserverinstance=BC140

Sorry I didn't heard about the NAS before, how could I check that?

Thank you for your answer <3
  • Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    NAS is a component of the NST. See if it is enabled in the service configuraion of the middle tier. It it is, there it a codeunit that is configured to start up it's functionalyty. Start investigating from there.

NAS is there mainly for backward compatibility reasons. NAS (Navision Application Server) used to be a separate executable that could be installed as a service. It was responsible to run the Job Queue, Outlook Synchronisation, and could be used for integration with mobile solutions and similar systems, either by providing network access or by polling changes in files or database tables.

Long standing solutions might never have been changed to use the newer technologies NAV offers, but still use the NAS. (There might be still cases where NAS makes sense, but I didn't come accross one of these in recent years.)
  • Options
    KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 389
    you can also put that table and fields on change log. As vaprog said if it's a automatic job queue should a system user who change that. You also should check job queue log to look at which codeunits or reports are changing that.