page not searchable

tsodartsodar Member Posts: 21
hello, i am encountering the following problem - page is not searchable when i search for it
pr5h9vcbd9lx.png
however, if I go to the waffle menu i can see it there. this only happens on certain role centres
I have application area and usagecategory filled in in the code

any ideas?

Answers

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    edited 2022-04-12
    The UsageCategory page property determines where your page ends up in Search
    7nv5yzty0vst.png
    If you leave the UsageCategory out, it won't show up in Search
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/developer/properties/devenv-usagecategory-property
  • tsodartsodar Member Posts: 21
    hi Daniel,thank you. as mentioned above i do have
    application area and usagecategory filled in in the code

any other ideas?
    edited 2022-04-12
    Maybe your application area is not enabled? The only other thing I can think of would be permissions.
    when testing with different role center it works, only doesnt work on a certain one.
    could you clarify what you mean by "application area is not enabled"? thank you
    The ApplicationArea can be used to control which pieces of the UI is visible to the user. The biggest example is the difference between 'Essential' and 'Premium' experience level. In Essential, you don't see manufacturing and service related things for instance, and that is managed through the ApplicationArea.

Most of the time I simply use the ApplicationArea 'All' and then it should always be visible, but it could be possible that you have it set to a value that is not enabled. Search for ApplicationArea to learn more.
    oh yeah i have set that to all as well?
    application area and usagecategory filled in in the code
    You said you filled them in, not what their values are, so I am just guessing about that. You know I'm trying to help you here. I even created a little app for you so I can take a screenshot for you.

I can't reproduce this, because the things I'm explaining are all working for me. Like I said before the only other thing I can think of is some sort of permissions issue.
    ah sorry... I know.. been struggling with this for ages now..

ApplicationArea = 'All'
    UsageCategory = lists