Will stock adjustment function in Business central affect blocked items ?

orimo_7orimo_7 Member Posts: 12
edited 2022-03-02 in NAV Three Tier
If stock adjustment function is run in Business central, will the adjustment affect items which are blocked ?

Best Answer

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Answer ✓
    Not sure what you mean by "stock adjustment function", but you can post to blocked items. So I guess the answer is no. (it will error).

if we are talking about physical inventory, you'd want to exclude these items when you calculate the journal.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.

Answers

Answer ✓
    Not sure what you mean by "stock adjustment function", but you can post to blocked items. So I guess the answer is no. (it will error).

if we are talking about physical inventory, you'd want to exclude these items when you calculate the journal.
    bbrown wrote: »

Correction: "... you cannot post to blocked items."

• orimo_7orimo_7 Member Posts: 12
    Hi BBrown
    On the inventory setup there is the Function "Automatic Cost Adjustment" which one selects day or which ever period.
    My question is that if an Item is blocked effective today. Will the Automatic cost adjustment affect tomorrow's value entries for the blocked item ?
    A blocked item will cause that process to fail. As it does not allow any postings to the blocked item.

On a separate note, think real hard before using that feature. General advice is to never use.
    BB
    please are you talking about not to use the Automatic cost adjustment function or Blocking an item to prevent the auto cost adjustment from affecting the block item ?
    I am talking about not using the Automatic Cost Adjustment function.
    Okay. Thanks BBrown
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!