closing income statement error

Alastair79Alastair79 Member Posts: 4
Doing the closing income statement in Navision Version 4, I´m getting following error, posting date is not within your range of allowed posting dates in Gen. Journal Line Journal Template Name General, Journal Batch name General line no 1000
Working date is on 12/31/2021

Best Answers

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Answer ✓
    Remove the "User Setup" posting date restrictions for the user doing the posting. Also update the "until Date" in GL setup to at least 01/01/22. Being a closing process, it is trying to post to 12/31/21C. Which I think is considered outside the current allowed range.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    Answer ✓
    That is likely the result of dimension setup changes made in the middle of the fiscal year. Mainly setting that dimension on that account to "Code Mandatory", and not considering the already posted entries without that dimension.

You can either remove that restriction and post the entries as they exists, or reclass the problem entries first. If you go with the first option, you may then need to reclass the resulting entries without that dimension. This is something in which you should involve accounting and not approach strictly as a technical issue.

Answers

The error has nothing to do with "Working Date". The check is to determine if the "Posting Date" falls within the user's allowed range as defined by either their "User Setup" record or "General Ledger Setup". If a range is defined by their "User Setup, then that range is used. Otherwise the settings in "General Ledger Setup" are used. The error indicates the requested "Posting Date" was not within the allowed range. Adjust the range to allow the posting.

This is not an uncommon error when trying to post back into a prior fiscal year. I suspect the user's (or general) posting range was already updated for the new year.
  • Alastair79Alastair79 Member Posts: 4
    edited 2022-01-31
    Thanks @bbrown
    but User Setup is still for period 01/01/21 until 12/31/21, same as GL setup.
    Answer ✓
    Remove the "User Setup" posting date restrictions for the user doing the posting. Also update the "until Date" in GL setup to at least 01/01/22. Being a closing process, it is trying to post to 12/31/21C. Which I think is considered outside the current allowed range.
    edited 2022-01-31
    @bbrown
    ok this seems to work but I got a new issue, a dimension used in Gen Journal Line, Select a dimension value code the dimension code GEOGRAPHY for GL account 600000
    Answer ✓
    That is likely the result of dimension setup changes made in the middle of the fiscal year. Mainly setting that dimension on that account to "Code Mandatory", and not considering the already posted entries without that dimension.

You can either remove that restriction and post the entries as they exists, or reclass the problem entries first. If you go with the first option, you may then need to reclass the resulting entries without that dimension. This is something in which you should involve accounting and not approach strictly as a technical issue.
    Thanks @bbrown :) result is posted
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'Navision Financials' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!