Options

Export Notes From NAV 2015 and Import To Business Central Online?

azharsaeedkhanazharsaeedkhan Member Posts: 34
edited 2021-12-17 in NAV Three Tier
I am trying to export all the customer Notes from NAV 2015 to BC Online. I have developed an XMLPort to export the notes from "Record Link" table. For the Field "Note" of type BLOB i am reading the data into BigText using streams.

The Export part is successfull and i have a file containing all the customer Notes.

But now to import it back to Business Central, i need to write the data bit by bit into "Note" field of Table "Record Link".
I am unable to do so.

Do you have any idea how to do that? Can we directly use data migration tool to migrate data from system tables? or is there any other way to do so?

Answers

• Options
    AlexeyShaminAlexeyShamin Member Posts: 80
    Hello!
    You can use TempBlob Table to import/export BLOB to text (WriteAsText and ReadAsText functions)
    After inport Data to TempBlob you can copy it to Record Link table
  • Options
    azharsaeedkhanazharsaeedkhan Member Posts: 34
    edited 2021-12-20
    Hi @AlexeyShamin

If you write to "Note" field of "Record Link" table directly like you suggested above, it doen't show the notes but will show something like this

idj0cv8ec4br.png

You need to write it through Binary Writer Bit by Bit, otherwise it will not properly show the notes and in cloud version we cann't use DotNet variables.
    In on-prem version we have a function "WriteRecordLinkNote" to write notes in "Type Helper" codeunit.