Item xxxx is not on Inventory

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Does anyone have any idea why the following error is being outputted when posting a transfer order for certain items. Please note that xxxx stand for the item no.

Item xxxx is not on Inventory

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    to transfer an item from location A to Location B, it must have a quantity on location A. Thats the reason. You can not transfer what you not have ;-)
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    To be more specific, I think the error message is something like 'Item xxxx is not on inventory or is reserved on another document"

So first you should see if you have a quantity of that item (don't forget to check variant code and serial / lot number if you are using those). If you see you have some in stock, take a look at reservation entries (Table 337).
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    Thanks, will be checking out and will let you know
    It seems that the Item has got availability. Is there any other possible reason for this issue?
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    "seems" being the point.

Create a new item and then book some in and try to transfer it, this will show you you can do it. This will mean something is taking the availability of the one you cannot move.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • distrisoft_larbidistrisoft_larbi Member Posts: 17
    have a look at the "Remaining Quantity" field on your item ledger entries.

Look if there is some negative entries.
    Hi,

I am getting the message where Inventory is not enough but at the same time when checking out there is one item available. Why could this be happening?
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    That is your definition of available, not NAV's. There is some demand pulling the item, or your demand is not placed on the item with teh correct settings. Ultimately there is no balance in your supply and demand for whatever reason so it is not available. You just need to look at it and understand why. Try looking at transfer orders first.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • distrisoft_larbidistrisoft_larbi Member Posts: 17
    Check your item inventory and the quantity that you are going to post.
    So, if the difference between item.inventory and the Qty to post is negative then Nav shows the error message.

Hope this can help!!
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    The problem is that this error msg is too generic.
    It doesn't pinpoint the area which has problem.
    I had spent unproductive hours trying to troubleshoot this error.
    It can be caused by reservations, lot no., adjustments, etc...
    Good luck
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
    Hello,

I'm getting same error message with this one came from transfer Order, but when i Look at Item Bin contents, there is enough Inventory? I any one have Idea how to solved this?? Hoping for your reply?? ](*,)
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    See this might help is some more understanding

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34168
    Kapil Khanna
    Hi, I check the thread, and follow their suggestion, It still..has sufficient Inventory but, still prompt an error...please..help me. ](*,)
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    idiot wrote:
    The problem is that this error msg is too generic.
    It doesn't pinpoint the area which has problem.
    I had spent unproductive hours trying to troubleshoot this error.
    It can be caused by reservations, lot no., adjustments, etc...
    Good luck

I agree with idiot here.

Unless you know Navision really well, it can be close to impossible to find exactly why the item is not available. Navision really has a bad definition of the word available in this case, becasue the error message says available, but if you go to the Item Availability form, it will show available items that are not.

For one client that uses reservations, whse., drop ship, bins, planning etc. we had to write a new availability form, that drills down to every source, so they could find what was locking the item.Whats needed is to rewrite the error message into English, and rewrite the Availability Form, so that it indicates what is reserved; on drop ships; on pick; in bins etc. to give users a complete picture.

I have gotten cases like this where the only solution was to use debugger STEP BY STEP looking at everything it touches and manually keep track of the count until the issue is found.

It rare that I argue with Navision's way of doing things, but this bit just stinks.
    David Singleton
    Haay, So i have to investigate it closely and what went wrong...but still any idea or help how to solved this problem, is appreciated.... :cry: Thanks
  • prototyperprototyper Member Posts: 70
    Do you use reservations ?
    Sleep on it... The best solutions come at 2am
    Nope, we do not use reservation and I also check that table nothing is in there. :(
  • dppanditdppandit Member Posts: 29
    Also check quantity on components line...
  • Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hello All,

I am having the same issue.
    Have you find the solution?
    Please, suggest.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • tncnavtncnav Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys, same problem. what is the correct solution for this error? thanks
  • vivek4121vivek4121 Member Posts: 165
    The Item which you want to Transfer from Location A to Location B is not on inventory on Location A.
  • theatraintheatrain Member Posts: 1
    In case anyone finds this in 2021 - I found a non-inventory item that had somehow had a couple of reservation lines via sales line and journal entries were stopping any other sales orders from being posted. I changed the reservation setting on the item card to Never and cancelled the couple of reservation entries against that item and everything worked again.
  • RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    edited 2022-01-07
    Guess everyone in NAV industry and having certain amount of experience would have faced this issue and that's why here in we have a lot of noise and too many audience :smile:

I will also add the same as everyone saying, there could be many things behind the seen like
    1. Item available but occupied for something else
    2. Reservation

The probability of having code error is normally less until and unless some customizations involved instead some real Business process would be, so need to debug out and get in bottom of this.