Options

Preview posting when using "Post batch"

iteasiteas Member Posts: 13
Hi all,

Is there a way to use the "Preview posting" functionality on multiple documents (purchase orders in my case) at the same time?

I'm looking for a solution to do some kind of bulk check before actually launching Post batch, so all posting errors can be handled before posting any of the orders.

Thanks for your answers!

Best Answer

• Options
    txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
    Answer ✓
    I dont think so. Latest NAV versions include the "preview" mode (which I saw ages ago coded by adding error('') in some parts of the CU80/90, before the commits happen).
    allows you to see how the posting of the document happens, what accounts will end the amounts etc.

However, I think if you just need to check some mandatory fields etc you are better doing it before sending for posting.

Answers

• Options
    txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
    Answer ✓
    I dont think so. Latest NAV versions include the "preview" mode (which I saw ages ago coded by adding error('') in some parts of the CU80/90, before the commits happen).
    allows you to see how the posting of the document happens, what accounts will end the amounts etc.

However, I think if you just need to check some mandatory fields etc you are better doing it before sending for posting.
  • Options
    iteasiteas Member Posts: 13
    edited 2021-12-05
    @txeriff after investigating the source code, I can only completely agree with your opinion.