Options

Power automate - cloud flow send files to BC SaaS

DamjanDamjan Member Posts: 94
Hi All,

My client is running BC SaaS (latest version V19) and some records from 3rd party cloud solution are being send into the BC SaaS via cloud flow that I designed in the Power Automate. I am looking at blob storage module in BC for potential solution of recieving files via cloud flow. Is this going to work?

Goal to achieve is this:
As cloud flow is triggered, a record is first received (get) in that 3rd party cloud applications' database where also all of the linked files are being archived into the *.ZIP file format (this is done on-the-fly) and that *.ZIP file is then send with that record to BC SaaS.

My solution is to create new table ("Employee Attachment") and link that table with T5200 - "Employee" and as BC receives record via cloud flow and as that record is commited in T5200 - Employee, that *.ZIP file will be inserted in new table ("Employee Attachment") in field: "Attachment" (blob datatype).
User then click on a button Employee Attachments on Page Employee where this attached file will be placed and user will download the file to his local computer.

I saw that BC version 15 supports blob storage module, I guess this should work. Right?

Another question - are these files (*.ZIP) calculated in the storage quota of BC SaaS license?

Do you think this will work?

Thanks Damjan

Best Answer

• Options
    PurpleHazePurpleHaze Member Posts: 42
    Answer ✓
    Alright, I see...

Our DB is huge and we tried to avoid at any cost storing some additional blobs in the cloud, we are very limited there, that`s why... Not completely sure about licensing cost for Azure Blob though.

Answers

• Options
    Not sure if it is a good idea to store all those blobs directly in a BC SaaS table.
    Wouldn`t you consider using AzureBlob instead?
  • Options
    DamjanDamjan Member Posts: 94
    Hi,

those data are just documents (pdfs, docx) files compressed in ZIP archive, so there should not be more then 400 MB per year.

I would like to avoid additional costs with license for Azure Blob Storage...
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Alright, I see...

Our DB is huge and we tried to avoid at any cost storing some additional blobs in the cloud, we are very limited there, that`s why... Not completely sure about licensing cost for Azure Blob though.