Unable debugging Business Central 19 onprem

weneedweneed Member Posts: 81
I'm trying to debug my BC19 installation but when I try I get the following error in VSCODE: Error:

ftwkd8e2y9qv.png

In the server event log I find the following error:

99ax0l1q3dki.png

My server configuration:

cmrxg561hqjm.png

Can anyone help me?

Answers

• RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    DO you have correct launch.json file and your account has sufficient rights?
  • PurpleHazePurpleHaze Member Posts: 42
    First, of course, make sure that your launch.json file is correct.
    If you are completely sure about this, maybe check your AL extension version, or even better try to install the version of vsix file manually from your installation DVD to exactly match the version of your AL Code extension in Visual Studio code.
  • weneedweneed Member Posts: 81
    There appears to be a problem with the DEBUG and Windows authentication mode on OnPrem installations. I am in contact with Microsoft
  • txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
    edited 2021-11-12
    Check "development" tab on service settings, find attached.
    b5ziscv61nc9.png

Also, try running vscode in the server. This way you can exclude any network related issues.

check also your app.json if it says:
    "target": "Internal",
  • PurpleHazePurpleHaze Member Posts: 42
    edited 2021-11-13
    Could you please try this? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav/developer/devenv-install-onprem

I would be really interested to know if it would work.

You would of course just have to locate ModernDev folder on your installation DVD in order to find thatVSIX. By installing your AL Language extension this way you will exactly match the version of your BC. (This is also sometimes needed with Docker: https://community.dynamics.com/business/b/mohanasdynamicsnavblog/posts/how-to-install-al-language-extension-using-vsix-file)

We had this internally with one of our DEVs "An internal error has occured" when Debugging and I would like to prove that this procedure with manually installing VSIX was actually the lifesaver.

Thanks
  • ArmondsArmonds Member Posts: 66
    weneed wrote: »
    There appears to be a problem with the DEBUG and Windows authentication mode on OnPrem installations. I am in contact with Microsoft

I'm experiencing same problem not only with win auth, but NavUserPassword also.

Did you received any news from MS?
  • ArmondsArmonds Member Posts: 66
    Thanks to colleagues from yammer, at least in my case problem was missing PublicWebBaseUrl.

And also remember to restart VSC, not only BC service
  • weneedweneed Member Posts: 81
    Yes problem was missing PublicWebBaseUrl