Print Item.No in barcode font that scans

Trying to use the 3 of 9 barcode font on a label, '*' + Item."No." + '*', barcode generates, prints, but does not scan using a barcode scanner

aredmond@thompsonpump.com

Answers

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    By "does not scan". do you mean that the scanner fails to scan the barcode? Or that NAV can't process the resulting data?

If the later, have you tried scanning to a generic text editor to verify what the scanner is returning?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • The scanner can scan the barcode if printed from the label printer software, but the scanner does not scan the same barcode when printed from navision2018 on the same label printer
  • from Alan, almost looks like the printed barcode from Navision compresses the image at the end of the textbox
    Are you trying to store the barcode as an image in NAV? Then send that directly to a printer? I have my doubts on that working. Anytime I've worked with barcodes, it's been by sending raw data from NAV to a label printing application (i.e. Loftware) and letting that handle the printing.

• I am trying to use the barcode in a field on a report, the size of the label. The field font properties identifies the barcode font and size. The output of the label, shows the barcode, and is directed to print on a Dymo label printer, and appears to print the barcode as a font, as well as all the other label fields. The label appears perfectly aligned, and the barcode prints on the label, but the scanner cannot read it.
    OK. I'd think that would work fine. Do similar to put barcodes on documents.
  • Yes, but cannot scan barcode.