Deleting Purch. Receipt Lines with 0 Quantity

Hi all, we are using a logistic integration solution, and this solution is posting a purchase receipt document for each single product we receive. and standart NAV is creating "Purch. Receipt Lines" record for every line in the document even the quantity is 0. so for example, if we have a receipt document with 100 lines that means we are creating 100 posted purchase receipts and in total 100 * 100 = 10000 lines in "Purch. Receipt Lines" table. only 100 of them has quantity, and 9900 has 0 quantity.

here goes my question, what if i delete those 0 quantity records from table? what will be the impacts? i know it's not the ideal solution by any means but i need to do something asap before we reconstruct the whole process.

Best Answer

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Answer ✓
    You would need to delete lines and headers not just lines

Why? What then happens to the lines that have quantity <> 0?

I see no issue with deleting those zero lines. As long as you are OK with losing the "Copy Document" functionality. Since the posted receipts will no longer have all the original lines, they can't be used to recreate the order or related documents.

There are no bugs - only undocumented features.

Answers

• Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    United Kingdom
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Answer ✓

Why? What then happens to the lines that have quantity <> 0?

I see no issue with deleting those zero lines. As long as you are OK with losing the "Copy Document" functionality. Since the posted receipts will no longer have all the original lines, they can't be used to recreate the order or related documents.

There are no bugs - only undocumented features.