Warehousing without Directed Pick and Put-away Question

KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
I have a couple of questions regarding Warehousing Combos:
We're using NAV 7.0 aka NAV2013. Implementing simple Warehousing without Directed Pick and Put-away.
We have set the Location to Bin Mandatory, Require Shipment, Require Pick, Require Receipt. We will do Require Put-Away if needed, but hoping to avoid. Mainly, we're trying to implement Bins and implement a 2 stage shipment environment.

Problem: I have no problem creating Warehouse Shipments, but can't create a Warehouse Pick. It gives an error that says Nothing to Pick. Question: can you use a Pick without Directed Pick and Put-Away? We have clients using full Directed Pick and Putaway and also just using Warehouse Ship and Receipts, but this is the first to try to do this. They've been using NAV forever and are growing rapidly, that's why they're going to bins.

Thanks,

Answers

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    if you check "Always Create Pick Line" on the Location, do you get picks? if yes, this is a sign it's not finding inventory to pick. I would then debug a pick where you know inventory exist to sort where things go wrong.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
    Thanks. Yes, I am set up for Shipment and Picks on the Location, have Warehouse Employees, and have Inventory. NAV creates a Warehouse Shipment, no problem, but will not create the Pick. I've tried creating the Pick without the Warehouse Shipment and the Pick after creating the Warehouse Shipment. I also tried it on Cronus, and couldn't create one, so that should tell me something, but I was wanting to hear from someone who has created both, without DPP. Thank you.
  • KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
    I have successfully created the Pick and Shipment on Cronus. Just have to troubleshoot my db. Thanks.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    As you debug, pay attention to the filters applied to the "Bin Content" table. I suspect this is where the problem may be. For example, having a "Bin"\"Bin Content" configuration that is only supported by directed picking. Such as "Fixed" bins.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.