run a report with multiple outputs

navisionerinnavisionerin Member Posts: 161
Hi, I need to write a report that will give me multiple reports form it. Could anyone point me to one thas has already been made if such or an idea how to do it. Obvs googled but coudlnt find anyhitng...

Best Answer

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Answer ✓
    Create a process-only report has your main report. Use it to collect filters and parameters needed by the other reports. Then run each report from the code of the main report.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.

Answers

Answer ✓
    Create a process-only report has your main report. Use it to collect filters and parameters needed by the other reports. Then run each report from the code of the main report.
  • navisionerinnavisionerin Member Posts: 161
    Thank you! is there an example within NAV I could you as a template?
    Thank you! is there an example within NAV I could you as a template?

Not that I know of.

I did something similar several years ago. Unfortunately, I no longer have that code. Give it a try. If you encounter issues, post questions along with what you have tried and the issues.

The modification I did was slightly different as it used a codeunit instead of a process-only report. But the basic idea was the same. The purpose was to run a group of the client's month-end reports overnight using the Job Queue. The reports were printed to PDF and emailed to the users.

When running each report you want to run it without showing the Request page. That was all the reports run with no additional user interaction.