Monitoring Business Central

srjohnysrjohny Member Posts: 8
edited 2021-08-16 in NAV Three Tier
Hello Everyone, today as we have a lot of people working from home, sometimes the people work outside of working hours, this is good but block some routines "Lock tables" is it possible to monitoring who is blocking those tables?

Thank you,

Answers

• SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Depeding on your NAV setup and NAV version: Yes.
    Which version of NAV are you running?
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    I personally use to Monitor SQL Profiler for this.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I personally use to Monitor SQL Profiler for this.

You shouldn't be using SQL profiler in a production system except in emergencies.
    David Singleton
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    srjohny wrote: »
    Hello Everyone, today as we have a lot of people working from home, sometimes the people work outside of working hours, this is good but block some routines "Lock tables" is it possible to monitoring who is blocking those tables?

Thank you,

Based on a couple of decades of resolving blocks in NAV, in my opinion it is wrong to track WHO is causing blocks, in any case they only information this provides is to tell you who should be killed. And this is a ver short term resolution of a long term problem.

Better is to address why the blocks are happening and how to resolve them correctly instead of just killing tasks. LOCKS and BLOCKS are a key and very crucial component of any DBMS the solution is to minimize them not eliminate them.

It's lie the difference between Tax Evasion and Tax Avoidance.
    David Singleton
  • jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
    Hi,
    There is a virtual table called "Database Locks". This table will tell you which session is locking, and also the object that is locking a resource.
  • srjohnysrjohny Member Posts: 8
    Thank you guys:)