Options

Upgrade Tool Kit objects -NAV2013 to NAV2015 -need for data upgrade

CodeViperCodeViper Member Posts: 28
I am doing a data upgrade from NAV2009 to BC2014.
Following the steps, Microsoft papers say to go from NAV09 to NAV13 to NAV15 to BC14.
The first step to NAV2013 was painless... but upgrading from NAV13 to NAV15 is proving a challenge for the data.

I opened the db with a NAV15 executable and it did its thing with conversion.

And this is where it went down hill... the paper says import the fob for "Upgrade601800.fob" from the \UpgradeToolKit\Local Objects folder.

Well in the RTM NAV2015 disc it only has these two in that folder.
*NAV2015 RTM Build 37874"

of:
Upgrade700800.US.fob
Upgrade710800.US.fob

After that it says to run the Schema with Validation and it will run the Upgrade Toolkit Step 1 logic defined in the upgrade codeunit.

Am I missing something?? Would the fobs needed not be in NAV2015 for doing the data upgrade??

I have been told that these are the wrong objects... and if so.. why?!?!
And where would I find the correct ones??

Any insight and pointing in the right direction would be very helpful at this point...

thanks in advance...

-A

Best Answer

• Options
    mberlickasmberlickas Member Posts: 1
    Answer ✓
    601800.US.fob only can be found in later CU's. Like CU1 CU2... It seems Microsoft missed it to add in RTM release. After importing this tool you need to run synchronization and Data Upgrade.

Answers

• Options
    mberlickasmberlickas Member Posts: 1
    Answer ✓
    601800.US.fob only can be found in later CU's. Like CU1 CU2... It seems Microsoft missed it to add in RTM release. After importing this tool you need to run synchronization and Data Upgrade.
  • Options
    CodeViperCodeViper Member Posts: 28
    thank you!!! @mberlickas

i started at RTM and then build 63 and was working down the list on our network as we save every release put out. Stopped opening up zips at around CU52 and thought this was insane that one of their papers mentions the fob, but doesn't say where you can find it. Found it as described in CU2BLD38798.

On with the upgrade :)