Create/Import Blanket Sales Order using dataport from csv file in NAV 2009 R2.

Hi Everyone,

I tried to create 'Blanket Sales order' using one dataport from csv file. In csv file suppose: have 8 mandatory column in one row, 3 from sales header and remaining 5 from sales line.
How will i linked each other so that data will import from single row that is from two different table? or, can be exported the all 8 column in single row?

Thanks,
Mani.

Answers

• ManiNavManiNav Member Posts: 120
    Hi Expert,

I created sales line as dataitem and created global variable for 'document type', 'No.' and 'Sell to customer No.' of sales header field and assign it in sales Line onBeforeExport trigger. after that thinking to add the SH variable in Sales line dataport fields manually including Sales line field. then try to export.

Still not getting as expect. Working on that.

Please advice/guide, whether i am on correct path or should be some different.

Thanks,
    Mani.
  • RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    @ManiNav - Making a SO/PO is never recommended this way, you should never directly operate to these base tables. I will suggest include an intermediate table before the Blanket SO and then make it in 3 step. It will help in debugging too.

Any specific reason for CSV, Why not excel?
    Hi @RockWithNAV ,

Thanks for your valuable response.

First, if i am trying with single dataport with field validation importation, then also its not good to import directly in base table SH,SL?
    If not then ,suppose i imported the csv file in any staging/intermediate table. so what will be the 3 steps to proceed?

Second, If i am importing from excel then what will the short procedure?

Thanks alot for your guide..
    Mani.
    Hi Expert,

I am stucking still on above. please guide me.

Thanks,
    Mani.