Dynamics BC Online Production environment Upload Extension Error

jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
I face the error below when attempting to open "Extensions Page" in BC Online Production environment.
You do not have the required permissions to install the selected app. Contact your Partner or system administrator to install the app or assign you permissions.

Page View - Extension Management has to close.

What is curious is, I can open this same page in a SandBox environment. I just cannot do this in Production environment. And I am logged with the same user with the same permissions.

Permissions assigned to the current user is -->

tu1x89nu4lwn.png

And this same user is assigned with "Internal Administrator" license.

Also, BTW, "Design" feature only works in Sandbox too, and not Production.

Comments

• Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    if you are SUPER then you dont need all other permission sets.
    United Kingdom
  • ftorneroftornero Member Posts: 522
    Hello @jordi79,

You need to have a BC user license assigned it's not enough with the "Internal Administrator" license.

Regards.
  • Jamal_EddiJamal_Eddi Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have the same problem here, we encountered this error after migrating from Onprem to the cloud.
    i tried with 3 different licenses:
    Premium
    Team Member
    External

any help is appreciated.

Regards
  • jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
    Hi,
    It was suddenly working the next day. I was told that this happens when Microsoft is in the process of updating versions on it's end. Which is true, because the version is changed the next day.
  • op2000op2000 Member Posts: 4
    Hi same here, the companies migrated from onprem don't work, the companies not migrated, yes (ie Cronus). Now scheduled the update for tonight. Any other option?
  • op2000op2000 Member Posts: 4
    ok an update: we were using a support user. unlicensed, and suddenly stopped to open the extensions management page, same message reported here, but the issue was the license: trying from a licensed user, it did work, no version update was involved
  • jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
    ftornero wrote: »
    Hello @jordi79,

You need to have a BC user license assigned it's not enough with the "Internal Administrator" license.

Regards.

This was the solution. You have to make sure that a proper license is assigned to the user. An user with "Internal Administrator" license does not work.