Solved: Opening Item Card Page 30 non-editable depending on user-rights

FragenFragerFragenFrager Member Posts: 52
edited 2021-06-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,
one of our customers has had the article card changed in version R2 in the Nav so that it can be edited or not depending on a code in the user equipment. This is ultimately possible with a simple CurrForm.EDITABLE ( identifier from the user setup ).
Unfortunately, this does not work in the NAV 2018; You can open the page in non-editable mode, but unfortunately this can be overridden with the edit button.
I have now managed to dynamically control the editable property for the individual groups. Unfortunately, articles can still be created or even deleted if the user is reading only.
This was covered in the old version with the CurrForm.EDITABLE and must definitely work in the new version.
Is there a possibility?

Answers

• Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    How this page is run? if you can manage to run from a codeunit or something then you could do a could in the codeunit

Pagevar.EDITABLE := FALSE (depending on the users setup)
    Pagevar.RUN;
    United Kingdom
  • FragenFragerFragenFrager Member Posts: 52
    The page 30 is run directly from the list page 31, I'm not sure if this standard-behaviour can be overridden, but I will give it a try, thanks.
    You might need to run the page 31 in the editable = false mode.
    United Kingdom
  • FragenFragerFragenFrager Member Posts: 52
    Hello Developer101,
    due to the specialities of the customer I made the groups editable by parameter and prevent specific users from inserting/deleting an Item by an error-message, which is gerenated in the OnInsertRecord- / OnDeleteRecord-Trigger of Page 30.
    Thanks.
    OK that is great, that was another of doing it.
    United Kingdom