upgrade from BE 3.70A to latest online Dynamics 365 Business Central version

jopojopo Member Posts: 4
Hi all,
I want to upgrade our current Microsoft Business Solutions Navision BE 3.70A (4.0 SP3) to the latest online BC.
Our 3.70 version is practically standard.

Who can assist me?
What are the steps to take?
Do there exist scripts for this?

Comments

• txerifftxeriff Member Posts: 492
    I´m sorry but this is not like upgrading windows or MS office. You will need to spend lots of money migrating any customisation you have etc.
    It requires to move to other versions the code and the database before you can happen in BC.

I suggest you search for a microsoft partner than can help you with the migration.
  • jopojopo Member Posts: 4
    We want to do the conversion ourselves. We only are searching for a guide and/or scripts to convert our NAV3.70 DB to D365BC
  • TheJBirdTheJBird Member Posts: 16
    edited 2021-06-07
    jopo wrote: »
    We want to do the conversion ourselves. We only are searching for a guide and/or scripts to convert our NAV3.70 DB to D365BC

I don't think you will be able to go direct to 365BC with scripts.

I think the path you would have to take is:
    • 2009 R2 (Last version of classic client, RTC based)
    • 2013 (Big changes happened here in the code, and even if your going to 2013 R2, you need to go via this step)
    • 2013 R2 (Another set of big changes here)
    • 2018 (May be optional though, as 2013R2 to BC may be possible)
    • Business Central

Not just client upgrades, but object upgrades too, and migrating to different data structure. For example Dimensions changed from having one large table, to Dimension Sets etc.

If your coming from 3.7 (Navision Attain) to BC, IMHO it's too big a jump. I think your best solution is reimplementation from scratch as there will be that many database structure changes / GUI changes, the time and effort in migrating this code will be insane.