BC 14 Cumulative Update Issue

Dynamics2018Dynamics2018 Member Posts: 24
ello everyone,

i am doing BC14 Cumulative update from CU 16 to CU23. It is only platform update.

When I try to convert database then I am getting below error 1 and is not able to proceed.

SQL Server is Azure managed instance and I am trying make database single user from within Business Central and using SQL Query but get error 2.

Any suggestion/help is appriciated.

ALTER DATABASE [DatabaseName] SET SINGLE_USER

Error 1:

mlxyau74haui.jpg

Error 2:

f29o8csm0nnt.jpg

Best Answer

• Dynamics2018Dynamics2018 Member Posts: 24
    Answer ✓
    We were not able to restore Database backup from SQL Azure Managed instance to SQL on prem due to version conflict.

The solution is that we have adapted is that taken database backup from Azure SQL Managed instance and restore it to Azure SQL Server and perform conversation.

Answers

• Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    Apparently it is not possible to do in the azure managed sql databases, it is a limitation. It is possible to do the conversion else where and then put back the database on azure?
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for suggestion.

We have already tried the option that you have provided but Admin was not able to install database backup from Azure Managed instance to local SQL Server as Azure managed instance SQL version is higher than available on-Prem version

• Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    edited 2021-05-27
    Try using the latest free development edition of sql instance onprem for the conversion
    United Kingdom
    Answer ✓
    We were not able to restore Database backup from SQL Azure Managed instance to SQL on prem due to version conflict.

The solution is that we have adapted is that taken database backup from Azure SQL Managed instance and restore it to Azure SQL Server and perform conversation.