Options

Report issue

yoheswaranyoheswaran Member Posts: 13
While i opening a report eg: report 1 using report builder, it automatically creating a new report as "report builder - backup" how to avoid this

Best Answer

• Options
    Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    Answer ✓
    That is weird, could be a thing in the report builder. Maybe possible to try newer version of the report builder?
    United Kingdom

Answers

• Options
    Interesting. Please let us know NAV / BC version. C/AL or AL? If report is a standard report? Thanks
    United Kingdom
  • Options
    It's a customized report, I converted a report from C/AL to AL using "ForNavConverter" software, eg: (Update Inventory) report name and i imported into BC, and i save this report .rdl while i open this report via report builder a new report is creating like Update Inventory - Backup (New Report Name)
  • Options
    Its weird that its creating new report. are you sure? Check caption of the report.
    Look at the report object what does it say in rdlclayout property?
    United Kingdom
  • Options
    Here i have attached the image, while i open the report 50001- vendor service item shipment via report builder it automatically create a another report like 50001 - vendor service item shipment - backup
  • Options
    The image
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    That is weird, could be a thing in the report builder. Maybe possible to try newer version of the report builder?
    United Kingdom
  • Options
    AluanAluan Member Posts: 162
    Hello,
    did you save it before, with an older version of the report builder?
    If you open an rdl file with an newer Version, a backup file is created. So you can access the backup file with an older version.

I think it's the same as described here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/sql/sql-server-2008-r2/ms143674(v=sql.105)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

• Options
    Aluan wrote: »
    Hello,
    did you save it before, with an older version of the report builder?
    If you open an rdl file with an newer Version, a backup file is created. So you can access the backup file with an older version.

I think it's the same as described here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/sql/sql-server-2008-r2/ms143674(v=sql.105)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

It's not happening for the first report, if i open the backup report the same issue occurring with the same name like "inventory report - backup - backup" its creating a new report like this is there is any way to avoid the creation of duplicate report or i need to open report in report builder with some other versions
  • Options
    So what happens, after you save that report? If we take your example, with report 1.
    You open report 1 -> save it. Open report 1 again, does it still create a backup file?

• Options
    So what happens, after you save that report? If we take your example, with report 1.
    You open report 1 -> save it. Open report 1 again, does it still create a backup file?

Yes it's name like - "report1 - backup"
  • Options
    I found a few posts, that mention that it have something to do with the Report Definition Schema Version.

The post is a bit older, but that maybe it's gonna work.
    https://stackoverflow.com/a/52769208