Options

Page running slow / Index

RikarddoRikarddo Member Posts: 80
Hi all,

I have different companies running on same database.
Problem: Running page customer list with some flowfields:
In one company running the customer page it runs perfectly.
On other companies it runs very slow and even closes NAV.

I think it's a index problem missing those table of different , but can't figure out which.
Does anyone got an idea how to help me?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Options
    irasoelbaksirasoelbaks Member Posts: 119
    Answer ✓
    To isolate the problem step by step disable pieces of the page until you have it working again. Sometimes you can also find more information in the eventviewer in the Application Logs. Good luck!
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for sharing but I would assume these FlowFields shouldn't be a real performance killer IMO. Maybe it's a good idea to also check your indexes and keys in SQL and NAV and or run some SQL Maintenance on the tables like update stats.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    To isolate the problem step by step disable pieces of the page until you have it working again. Sometimes you can also find more information in the eventviewer in the Application Logs. Good luck!
  • Options

Thanks . The page had two flow fields where visible was to false.

Property Value
    FieldClass FlowField
    CalcFormula Sum("G/L Entry".Amount WHERE (G/L Account No.=FILTER(217..21799),Source Type=CONST(Customer),Source No.=FIELD(No.)))

And other

Property Value
    FieldClass FlowField
    CalcFormula Sum("G/L Entry".Amount WHERE (G/L Account No.=FILTER(2117..211799),Source Type=CONST(Customer),Source No.=FIELD(No.)))

Removed it from the page.

And works fine now.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for sharing but I would assume these FlowFields shouldn't be a real performance killer IMO. Maybe it's a good idea to also check your indexes and keys in SQL and NAV and or run some SQL Maintenance on the tables like update stats.
  • Options

Indeed. I noticed that in the company where there was an index created it runs very well. I will replicate that index to other companies.