MS Dynamics NAV 2015 / LS 2015 - Replication issue - Job Queues always stop

Good day!

MS Dynamics NAV 2015 / LS 2015 - Replication issue - Job Queues always stop

- every time we turn-on or restart the client computer Job Queues always stop, we need to start it again

MS Dynamics NAV version:

hefln44qnl5u.png

Thank you.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    The trick I used was kicking job queues out of the equation (started doing that with NAV2009...) and I am using SQL Server Agent that runs a PowerShell command that calls a NAV webservice that runs the codeunit I want to run.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• glennyboyglennyboy Member Posts: 16
    kriki wrote: »
    The trick I used was kicking job queues out of the equation (started doing that with NAV2009...) and I am using SQL Server Agent that runs a PowerShell command that calls a NAV webservice that runs the codeunit I want to run.

hi @kriki

thank you for your reply

can you please show me how to do it using SQL Server Agent that runs a PowerShell command that calls a NAV webservice that runs the codeunit I want to run

thank you very much!
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    In SQL Server Agent task, you select PoSh to run instead of TSQL.
    and in the command you put something like:

$webservice = New-WebServiceProxy -Uri "http://127.0.0.1:7047/YourNAVServiceName/WS/Some Company/Codeunit/YourWebServiceNameInNAV" -UseDefaultCredential true;
    $webservice.Timeout = 360000000; # 100 hours
    $webservice.YourMethodInTheCodeunit(SomeParameters);

You also need to use a domain account on SQL Server Agent as it will be run with that service account in NAV. So use an account with only the rights on your domain that it really needs.

For testing, you can run the PoSh on your PC. it will use your credentials to call the webservice.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!