Options

NAV 2016 - SMTP Error

gandhi_nklgandhi_nkl Member Posts: 44
Dear All,

I am using NAV 2016 CU 61, recently i have issue with SMTP mail setup, attached error message, please someone help me to resolve this issue.

Note : we are using office365 for mail. it was working smtp mail setup past 1 year, suddently attahced error coming from yesterday.

Regards,
Muthu
Thanks & Regards,
Muthu

Answers

• Options
    asmilie2b3asmilie2b3 Member Posts: 39
    Just a shot in the dark, but we had a similar error when the tier server could not reach the SSL certificate provider that O365 SMTP uses. You might want to make sure that your tier server can reach the below 3 IP addresses which the provider uses (Digicert I think it is). In our case we had to open the firewall for access to them.

• Options
    irasoelbaksirasoelbaks Member Posts: 119
    Try to figure out what has been changed (also outside Nav), for example: the IP addresses need to be reachable indeed and the emailaccount needs to relay. Did you also try to authenticate outside Nav to the O365 mailserver, ofcourse with the same credentials?
  • Options
    Tony_NCDTony_NCD Member Posts: 32
    Since you use O365, this might be related to the multi-factor authentication. You'll need to update the setting with an approved password to surpass the MFA requirements.