Options

Long Item Description

AkvileAkvile Member Posts: 3
Hello,
I need a field with long description in the Item Card (1000 symbols). I tried with BLOB everything was good, but client wants to import/export this field with configuration packages, so BLOB field is not good in this situation.
I thought about new Table, in which will contain data with item No. and Description, Description 2 etc.
Maybe someone could help with this?

Regards,
Akvile

Best Answer

• Options
    ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Answer ✓
    There are a couple of alternatives I could think to BLOBs of the top of my head:
    • As you said yourself, new table with 4 description fields (4*250)
    • Store long description in external file and add path to the file to the Item record (you can then use a very nice WYSIWYG editor inside NAV)
    • Upgrade client to BC14 (or newer), where text fields can be longer - up to 2048 characters

Answers

• Options
    ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Answer ✓
    There are a couple of alternatives I could think to BLOBs of the top of my head:
    • As you said yourself, new table with 4 description fields (4*250)
    • Store long description in external file and add path to the file to the Item record (you can then use a very nice WYSIWYG editor inside NAV)
    • Upgrade client to BC14 (or newer), where text fields can be longer - up to 2048 characters
  • Options
    AkvileAkvile Member Posts: 3
    well, I created new table and write some code with copystr function. I hope it will be good for the client.