Options

can't access web services with basic authentication - you don't have authorisation to view this page

gmrdfgmrdf Member Posts: 2
Hi
I'm having an issue with connecting to a nav service which is set up with NavUserPassword authentication. It's to be used from PHP / SOAP.
To test it, I'm opening a browser page to the service url and although it prompts for my username/password it then comes up with an error that i don't have authorisation to view this page.
If I enable soap on another nav service which is set up for windows authentication, I can access it and see the xml page correctly.
It just doesn't seem to work using basic authentication / username-password.
The user is set up in nav, and has a password set against them.
To test, if i load up the url, and enter a made-up username/password combination I get exactly the same response from the server, 'no authorisation'

It's a NAV 2015 install w/ sql server 2017 standard. nav was installed, and the database was backed up and restored from another working installation.

Any ideas what would be causing this ?

Answers

• Options
    irasoelbaksirasoelbaks Member Posts: 119
    Did you use or generate the webservice acces key from the user card? This is not the same as the username/password combination.
  • Options
    gmrdfgmrdf Member Posts: 2
    Did you use or generate the webservice acces key from the user card? This is not the same as the username/password combination.

No, I didn't gerate a webservice access key in the user card. I have now generated one, but I'm not sure if I require to apply this somewhere else other than the user card, or how to use it ?