NAV 2013 R2 - Prod. Order with Capacity Ledger Entry but no Output

olly7olly7 Member Posts: 6
Good morning –

I wonder if you could help me with a process question – we have a Production Order which was ultimately requested to be cancelled, so we need to either delete it or change its status to Finished.

The issue is, one of the subcontract purchase orders was received, so it created a Capacity Ledger Entry, but no inventory output.

I have read a few articles online suggesting using the Production Journal to reverse the capacity entry, then output the inventory, then negatively adjust it back out of inventory in the item journal – however, I am running into a few errors.

Can you please look at the screenshots below and let me know if I am on the right track?

(1) Attempt to delete Prod. Order:
fipqo6xv8bmu.png

(2) Attempt to change Prod. Order status to Finished:
j31eygerct8s.png

(3) Attempt to post negative capacity journal line – I don’t see any field to allow me to add Location Code to the journal line – I’m also unable to associate it with any routing operation no.
9jyfusq2cybk.png

Thank you! 

Answers

• sorenhinrupsorenhinrup Member Posts: 136
    You should be able to input the location code on either the Routing Line or the Production Order Line - which then transfers to the production journal when opening it from the production order. In there you should be able to negate the posted capacity entry
  • olly7olly7 Member Posts: 6
    I took a look at this again today in our test environment and was able to reverse the capacity, post the output, and adjust it out, all as expected – not sure what I was doing wrong before - but adding the Prod. Order No. and the Item No. to the Capacity Journal line allowed me to drill-down to the Routing lines for the Operation No. which was not happening before - from there all other info populated correctly.

Thanks for your advice!