Options

Changes in VS code not reflected in BCOnline

jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
Hi,
I am using a trial BCOnline. But for all intents and purposes, this should be similar to BC Online Production environments.

I have successfully connected to the BCOnline using VSCode, and successfully downloaded symbols.

When I try to run the HelloWorld.al, it does not get published to BCOnline. When I do the same thing on BCOnPrem via docker, it works. When I open the customer list page, the msg "App published: Hello World" is prompted.

Why doesn't the standard HelloWorld.al work in BCOnline?

Jordi

Answers

• Options
    irasoelbaksirasoelbaks Member Posts: 119
    edited 2020-11-11
    In my opinion it should work. What error do you get in your AL Project? If there are errors you cannot publish until you resolve the problem.
  • Options
    There are no errors. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I did the same thing with BCOnPrem with no errors, and with the changes published.
  • Options
    If VS Code doesn't report problems/errors it should be published. Did you check if the 'Hello World' app was published indeed? You could check this by going to the Extension Management page in BC.
  • Options
    edited 2020-11-12
    I found out that if I use the actions Run -> Run without debugging from VSCode, the application is not published. This is the same with BCOnline or BCOnPrem. I have to instead use the pallette (Ctrl+Shift+p), then choose the command "AL: Publish without debugging", then it works.

I seem to recall that using "Run without debugging" from VSCode used to work for me on previous occasions.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing. Maybe you had multiple extensions installed so then you have multiple publish commands from different extensions possibly. The AL Publish is the correct one indeed.
  • Options
    DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    @jordi79,
    Try using shortcut "Ctrl+F5"
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal