Options

NavContainerHelper modifying customsettings.config

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi all,

I want to override the web services authentication method in a service tier. I know the command that should be placed in CustomSettings.config:

<add key="WebServicesUseNTLMAuthentication" value="true"></add>

However, our development environment is Docker, and the containers are built using NavContainerhelper. Does anyone know where (or how) the CustomSettings.config file is - or what folder it needs to be created in?

Thanks

Ron
Ron

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sander,

Just FYI, your script did the trick! I was able to change NAV's authentication method priorities and now NTLM is the first method it tries, so SoapUI Open Source is able to connect to the NAV web services. Thank you for your help.
    Ron

Answers

• Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Hi Ron,
    After you have created your container you can execute a script in BCContainer, something link:
    Invoke-ScriptInBCContainer -containerName $ContainerName -scriptblock {
            $ins = Get-NAVServerInstance
            foreach($i in $ins)
            {
                Set-NAVServerConfiguration -KeyName "ServicesUseNTLMAuthentication" -KeyValue true -ServerInstance $i.ServerInstance 
            }
        }

it will do the trick for you :smile:
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    Hi Sander,

Thanks - I'll give this a try...

Ron
    Ron
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sander,

Just FYI, your script did the trick! I was able to change NAV's authentication method priorities and now NTLM is the first method it tries, so SoapUI Open Source is able to connect to the NAV web services. Thank you for your help.
    Ron