Job Queue not runing automatically; only when user logs in

SunsetSunset Member Posts: 200
In a NAV 2017 CU6 i am facing a situation where a job that has been set up in the job queue will not run automatically. Instead it is running the instance I log in.

We have set up a range of jobs, both codeunits and report, and all except one run just as they should. However one job will not run automatically. Going through the logs, I can see that instead it is starting the very instance I log into the client. I can't find any differences between the various jobs :( Has anybody experienced anything similar?

The codeunit being called has "Job Queue Entry" as a paramter, so that is ok.
All the other jobs run as expected, so I don't think it is a server setting.
The instance I log in the job will run, so the job queue is "active" somehow.
Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself

Best Answer

• SunsetSunset Member Posts: 200
    Answer ✓
    This was eventually tracked down to being an unfurtunate link between a seperate server missing some components (making the job fail), and the user logging in causing a reschedule of the job an consequently running it as it was overdue.

Answers

• edoderooedoderoo Member Posts: 89
    Weird behaviour often disappears when you switch 'the thing' off and back on. I would try to restart the NAV instance, or stop+start the job in the queue, or even delete it and recreate the job from scratch. Eventually you can try to call the codeunit from a report, and schedule the report instead.
    IF User.Loves('Edo') THEN ok() ELSE currReport.genSkip;
  • SunsetSunset Member Posts: 200
    Answer ✓
    This was eventually tracked down to being an unfurtunate link between a seperate server missing some components (making the job fail), and the user logging in causing a reschedule of the job an consequently running it as it was overdue.