Jobs (NAV2009 SP1): Bin Codes on Job Journals

bennie_de_beerbennie_de_beer Member Posts: 43
Hi,

The functionality of Bin's as on Sales, Purchase and Whse/Inventory documents and journals doesn't seem to work very well in Job Journals (NAV2009 SP1).

After adding the field 'Bin Code' to the Job Journal Page/Form all the Bins appear (not only the bins where stock are available to pick from) when you try to select the Bin from which you are taking items for a job.

You can then also post the Job Journal even if the bin doesn't contain any of the item.

Is this a:
1. Bug; or
2. The way the system works; or
3. A user(setup) problem?

Best regards,
Ben

Answers

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Job Journal does not allow to pick Bin No.s if u have picked and posted check ur Bin it will still be showing as non empty.
    Kapil Khanna
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• bennie_de_beerbennie_de_beer Member Posts: 43
    So am I then correct to assume that it is a bug? You consume inventory for a Job, you select a bin on the Job Journal and after posting the Bin is not empty - doesn't make sense.

Also why do we have the field 'Bin Code' on Job Journal Line if it does nothing? Or is still a work in progress.

So it appears that the Job functionality is not fully integrated with the rest of the system.

Cheers,
    Ben
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    So am I then correct to assume that it is a bug? You consume inventory for a Job, you select a bin on the Job Journal and after posting the Bin is not empty - doesn't make sense.

Also why do we have the field 'Bin Code' on Job Journal Line if it does nothing? Or is still a work in progress.

So it appears that the Job functionality is not fully integrated with the rest of the system.

Cheers,
    Ben

1. If u r using Bins that means u r keeping physical inventory, makes 100% sense.
    2. Anything purchased against a job (i.e. in Navision) gets consumed the moment it is received.

U know these :) , u cannot follow both so it was not meant to be integrated. If I am right same principle is in AX as well.
    Kapil Khanna
  • Par_AkerblomPar_Akerblom Member Posts: 10
    First a general recommendation, always be cautious when you must use Designer to bring forward fields to a form. These are commonly not placed on the form for a reason, either because the usage of the field is for internal usage only or like in this case with the Bin Code, the business logic required is not available yet.
    Support for Bin Codes on Job Journal will be provided for 2009 SP1 soon.
  • bennie_de_beerbennie_de_beer Member Posts: 43
    First a general recommendation, always be cautious when you must use Designer to bring forward fields to a form. These are commonly not placed on the form for a reason, either because the usage of the field is for internal usage only or like in this case with the Bin Code, the business logic required is not available yet.
    Support for Bin Codes on Job Journal will be provided for 2009 SP1 soon.

Thanks for the reply.
    It is always hard to resist the temptation of adding 'background' fields :lol:

Do you know when this will be released?

Cheers,
    Ben
  • Par_AkerblomPar_Akerblom Member Posts: 10
    My recommendation is to open a service request for this and refer to SE Bug 54838 then you will get the fix as soon as it is ready. We are in the midst of fixing it. Otherwise you have to wait for the KB-article and I can't give you a date when it will be available.
  • MagnoMagno Member Posts: 168
    Is there a fix (KB) available on this yet?
    There are no bugs, only random undocumented features...
    ---
    My Blog: http://NAV-Magno.be
  • MagnoMagno Member Posts: 168
    There are no bugs, only random undocumented features...
    ---
    My Blog: http://NAV-Magno.be
  • sindani77sindani77 Member Posts: 1
    A BIN Code or payment card number is the card identifier found on payment cards, such as credit cards and debit cards. The random BIN Generator will gives you ten bin code numbers for your using. also check The most modern BIN checker

https://www.cgmimm.com/articles/bank-identification-number-lookup-facility-and-make-an-informed-decision