Data moved from one database to another database in same SQL server in C/AL ?

Hi Folk,
Need your assist.
I need to moved "Change Log Entries" table data from one database to another database in same SQL server in C/AL code, is this possible or not in C/AL code?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• jlnjln Member Posts: 2
    Not totally in CAL only.
    In principle you can create a change log table as a view towards a different database. Move your records from the existing change log entries to there, rename the view to companyname$Change Log Entries (deleting the normal change log table) and change Change log Entries to a linked object. Not completely trivial, but certainly doable
  • Pradeep1611Pradeep1611 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks @jln for solution but my requirement is data moved in another database table from one database in C/AL code. example suppose I created one nav database and at the same time I created an another nav database having all table same properties, So now my requirement is data moved from one database to another database in respective table, which code written in C/AL.

again thanks @jln
  • RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    @Pradeep1611 - You talking about two different things -

1. If you simply need to move the logs of change log to different Database then do it from SQL however you want with the filters and doing with SQL is best option.

2. If you want this to always happen like executing in DB1 and logs getting inserted in DB 2 then it you need to do a lot of customisation and write your codes for every instance, it will be a cumbersome job.
    @RockWithNAV thanks for your helpful suggestion, Yes your 2nd option I needed, 1st option it can also fulfilled my requirement but I need completed my requirement with your 2nd option because I don't want to depended on SQL developer and any type of middle ware work like calling procedure of SQL from Window Task scheduler etc etc.
    So I need fulfilled my requirement with the help of C/AL only from a particular Codeunit, once codeunit run then required table data will moved from one database to another database in respective configured table.

Thanks @RockWithNAV .
    @ShaiHulud thanks a lot for the solution, Hope this will work I also did same but I missed about company change parameter.
    Thanks for the valuable solution @ShaiHulud